Superintendent: Travis Roodzant (519) 719-7921
Date: Saturday, September 14th, 2019
Entry Fee: $20 per car. Entries will be accepted up to 4:00p.m. All cars, drivers and pit crew to enter at back gate near the pool.
Car Inspection: To begin at 1:00p.m.
Start of Derby: 5:00p.m.
Final Heat: 8:00p.m. (approx.)
Rules and Regulations:
- Each driver must fill out an Entry Form.
- All drivers must supply their own cars.
- ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON – proof of ownership must accompany each car entered.
- Each driver must be of legal in Ontario (18 years) and must hold a valid Drivers License.
- The track or promoter reserves the right to approve or reject any and all entries.
- Only owners, drivers, and mechanics (pit crew), who sign the Release Sheet, will be permitted in the pit area.(maximum of 3 Pit Crew members plus the driver)
- No cars are permitted in the competition area before the heat they are to participate in.
- The promoter, track owners, or Fair board association will not be held responsible for any cars, parts or personal property before, during or after the show.
Type of Car:
- Any North American sold cars, stock, hardtop automobile or station wagon is allowed.
- No trucks, convertibles, jeeps, hearses, or limousines are allowed.
- Any stock factory-made rear ends are permitted, including positraction and limited slip differentials.
- 2 wheel drive vehicles only.
Preparation of car:
- Car must be race ready and ready for inspection when entering the fairgrounds.
- All glass including windshields, side windows, rear windows, head and tail lights must be removed. (rolling down windows is not permitted).
- Chrome moulding strips and the complete rear seats must be removed.
- Any sharp protruding finds or dangerous objects must be removed.
- NO special bumpers, reinforcements, fabrications or trailer hitches are permitted.
- Welded solid or chained down engine mounts are recommended.
- MANDATORY restraints needed for the driver’s seat. No other reinforcements in the interior of the car with bars. Ratchet strap behind driver’s seat is recommended.
- It is recommended that the driver’s door be reinforced inside with a steel bar, angle iron or pipe. The length is not to extend more than 8 inches on either end of the driver’s door.
- No spring jacks, blocked shocks or reversed shackles are permitted, and suspensions must be free of blocks.
- Only one automotive type battery is allowed, it may be moved to any position in the car, but it must be securely fastened and covered. Boxed in (no bungee cords)
- All doors must be fastened shut by wire, straps or welded for driver’s safety.
- Cutting fenders for wheel clearance only is permitted and ends of bumpers may be cut off.
- Radiators, transmission coolers and heaters must remain in the original position or be taken off.
- Hood may be fastened down in four places; truck or tailgate must be fastened down in four places with only two strands of wire through each hole. It is recommended that the hood and trunk springs be removed. Official’s decision over use of wire will prevail. No additional weight in the trunk is allowed.
- Only The driver’s door must be painted white. Special numbers are permitted but must be on a white background on driver’s door.
- Stock gas tanks must be removed. A CSA Marine gas tank or custom metal tank may be located on the front of the rear riser ahead of the rear axle or the nearest convenient location closest to the rear axle on station wagons. All tanks must be securely fastened, ahead of the rear axle and covered in a fire-retardant material. A maximum of three gallons of gas is permitted per heat.
- Cars with electric fuel pumps must have a safety shut off switch with easy access left of the steering column between column and window, post painted with florescent red paint.
- Auto must be swept clean. No junk tires, wheels, metal parts etc. allowed in the car.
- Each car must be signed in and inspected in the infield and each driver will be assigned a heat. No entries will be permitted one hour prior to the show time.
- It is mandatory that a minimum 16 inch opening is cut in the centre of the hood, and the carburetor be covered by a breather to prevent unnecessary fires.
- Only automotive four ply tires allowed. No double tires or liquid in tires, No studs or screws in rims to hold tires. Wheel weights must be removed.
- A strong wire, bar or cable should be attached from the bottom to the top of the windshield on or near the rear the driver’s side of the vehicle. This safety precaution is taken to prevent injury to the driver in the event that a front-end collision may dislodge the hood and send it into the driver’s compartment through the open windshield. Scatter shields are also permitted.
During the Running of the Derby Heats:
- A safety belt, Z-90 approved helmet and approved goggles (all goggles and face shields must be clear in colour) for eye protection is mandatory.
- Drivers may manoeuvre forward and backward, but there will be no deliberate head-on collisions and no deliberate hitting on the driver’s door. Deliberate hits to the driver’s door will result in disqualification.
- Vehicles must be dependable and have sufficient brakes at all times. Boundaries must be observed.
- No drinking of alcoholic beverages on track, emergency vehicle area or in the pit. Any driver or pit crew member under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be disqualified and removed from the grounds.
- A vehicle will be disqualified if the driver’s door comes open during a heat.
- The track officials enforce a one-minute time limit for restarts and making competitive contact with another car. Hits must be aggressive. Simple contact within the time limit does not constitute combat and could be considered sandbagging.
- All cars are to be removed from the fairgrounds the day after the show by 9:00am or they will become the property of the Rodney Aldborough Agricultural Society and the officials will have them removed unless otherwise notified at the drivers meeting. A removal deposit may be required in some instances.
- A $100.00 protest fee is required to contest an action against another car.
- Anyone in the pit area must be 18 years or older.
- Anyone without a Pit Pass found associated with a car in the pit area or ring will result in the car being disqualified for the day.
- Only officials and drivers of derby cars are allowed in the ring.
Additional safety regulations may be imposed depending on the track!
- The derby will be composed of individual heats, consolation, powder-puff (if 2 or more entries are registered) and the finals.
- Cash prizes and trophies will go to the winners of each heat, powder-puff and finals.
- The second-place winners will receive a cash prize. All first-place winners go onto the feature event.
- The Rodney Fair will also award two trophies for Best Looking entries.
- The decision of the judges is final as to the winners in each heat.
- Rules and heats are subject to change without notice according to the Rodney Fair.
- Titles must be turned in on all cars left for junk.