Superintendent: Ann Smith (519) 785.2496
Committee: M. Friedrich, J. Miller, V. Slack, B. King, Irene Puddester, Cornwall, L. Vanderloo, J. Baker, S. McMillan, Wendy St. Denis, Lori Guest
In the interest of a better product, Class 8 entries will be received at the hall Friday, September 14, 2018 up to 1:00 pm only. Please note that this applies to Class 8 entries only. All other classes in the hall will be judged Friday forenoon. Culinary Arts is exhibited in the warm room. PLEASE NOTE: TIME: 1:00 pm.
Rules and Regulations
- One entry only one per section, by membership only.
- One entry card only per item.
- At Judges request, all baking to be in clear plastic bags large enough for easy No saran wrap or similar wrapping.
- PIES: To prevent soggy crusts, temper foil plates by puncturing holes in bottom of plate and bake empty plate at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or lightly butter bottom of pie plate to make crust brown. It is suggested that pies be placed on 9” approx. foil plate.
- No store-bought pie crusts or tart shells. No canned pie fillings.
- Cakes to be displayed on foil covered cardboard or in plastic dome containers.
- No cake, cookie or bread mixes and no sticky frosting (unless specified).
- No paper cups on muffins or cupcakes.
- Loaves of bread should be approx. 8x4x3.
- Buns joined, and rolls separated. Tip: Bake rolls in a muffin tin or completely separate on a flat pan. Rolls are single with unbroken sides and have a crust completely surrounding all sides.
- “Baking Specials” Items #20-72 which belong to the specified sponsor must be picked up anytime between 4:00 & 6:30 p.m. Any items not picked up will be disposed of. All other baking items to be picked up at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday.
- No unauthorized person is allowed in the area where judging its taking place.
- In sections where there is only one entry, unless the entry is worthy, no prize will be awarded.
- 2018 canned products only – mason jars with new rings and snaps to be used. No food colouring allowed.
- In the event a 1st prize is not awarded, the 2nd place winner will be presented to the sponsor at Judges discretion.