Date: Saturday, September 15th, 2018
Superintendent: Cindy Roodzant (519) 785.2271
- Rain or shine.
- Parade registration begins at 10:30a.m. at the Rodney Legion.
- Transport trucks and fire trucks to assemble at Queens Line Automotive.
- All parade participants must be registered and positioned by 10:30a.m.
- Judging will take place at 11:30a.m. sharp.
- All entries must be in place, set up, and riders must remain in place until all judging is completed.
- Entries WILL NOT e judged if participants are NOT IN PLACE.
- Any float may only enter in one class.
- Parade leaves Legion at 11:00a.m.
- Section 17-20: Only one driver and one adult passenger.
- The R.A.A.S assumes NO responsibility for accidents or loss of any kind.
- Download Parade Entry form at rodneyfair.ca.
Prize: Sections 1-3 1st $30; 2nd $20; 3rd $15; 4th $10
- Youth organizations i.e. Scouts, teams, schools
- Service Clubs
- Commercial Floats
Prize: Section 4 1st $60; 2nd $40; 3rd $30; 4th $20
Floats entering this category may be youth, service club or commercial oriented.
Prize: Section 5 1st $15; 2nd $10; 3rd $5
This section is open to all children 14 years and under who wish to design their own float, any size and are not sponsored by an organization. The float may be a single person or a group of friends. Be creative.
Prize: Sections 6-9 1st $10; 2nd $5; 3rd $2
- Best “theme” costume age 1-7 years
- Best “theme” costume age 8-14 years
- Best decorated bicycle age 1-7 years
- Best decorated bicycle age 8-14 years
Prize: Section 10 1st 20; 2nd $10; 3rd $4
Best decorated group (2 or more people)
Prize: Sections 11-2 1st 410; 2nd $5; 3rd $2
- Best clown age 1-7 years
- Best clown age 8-14 years
All non-winners in the children’s classes (14 years and under) will receive $1 for participating in the parade.
Prize: Sections 13-14 1st $10; 2nd $8; 3rd $5
- Best group in “theme” costume (3 or more).
- Best rider in costume.
Prize: Sections 15-16 1st $20; 2nd 410; 3rd $5
(judged on condition and uniqueness)
- Antique tractor (sponsored by Graham Warwick)
- Antique equipment
Exhibition only (no trophies or judging in this section)
Note: One drive and one adult passenger only.
- New cars and trucks – dealer only.
- Transport trucks.
- Fire trucks.
- Antique cars and trucks.