Arrangements/Design – artistically arranged; suitable container; other plant material allowed. NO SILKS. NO DYED MATERIAL. PLEASE TAKE NOTE when size and dimensions are stipulated.
Prize Sections 24–27: 1st $7; 2nd $6; 3rd $5
- “Tiny but Mighty”. A miniature design not to exceed 5” in any direction.
- “Green Machine”. A freestyle arrangement of green plant material in a suitable container.
- “Revved Up”. An arrangement of vibrant coloured fresh flowers.
- “Autumn Beauty!”. A small arrangement of autumn coloured flowers, not to exceed 10” in any direction
Special/Arrangements – Our thanks to the donors of prizes in this section.
- “Banana Cream Pie” An arrangement of fresh flowers, foliage, accessories, in a suitable container. To be used on a centrepiece. Prize: Gift Certificates: 1st $10; 2nd $8; 3rd $7. Donated by Green Street Landscaping, Rodney.
- “Rooted in Nature”. An arrangement of wildflowers, plants and natural materials. Prize: 1st $15; 2nd $10; 3rd $5. Donated by West Elgin Nature Trust.
- “Making Tracks”. A “LINE” design using seasonal flowers, in which a linear pattern is dominant. Prize: Gift Certificates: 1st $15; 2nd $10; 3rd $5. Donated by Tasty Sweets Café and Bakery, West Lorne. Refer to Ontario Judging publication #34 for description of a line design.
- “Don’t Squash Me!”. A MODERN MASS design (a design of 3-5 groups of plant material). HINT: design in groups. Refer to Ontario Judging Publication #34. Prize: 1st $20 Gift Certificate donated by Crazy 8 Barn, Palmyra; 2nd Garden Gift Pack donated by Knight’s Home Hardware, West Lorne; 3rd Collection of fall bulbs for planting donated by the Superintendent.
- “Mighty Machines Making Tracks to the Fair”. A freestyle design featuring the Fair theme. Prize: 1st $25; 2nd $15; 3rd $10. Donated by Joann and Harry Vergeer.